Friday, September 26, 2008

I am taking a vacation to work in the garden

Yes you heard it right. I am taking a few days vacation and I am dedicating it to my garden. I am lucky that my employer gives me a month vacation every year with one condition... I have to spread the days through out the year.
I am taking off next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Over the next five days I am taking on several projects in the garden. My list is long and very ambitious. I know I won’t finish it, but for a weekend gardener like me, this is the only time I can take on big projects. The weatherman is predicting rain this weekend (but what does he know!!!)

Here is my to do list.

I want to do another flowerbed in this location in the front garden. This will give me a separation from my neighbor’s house. This flowerbed was supposed to be part of my last big project but I ran out time.

I need to get my tomato bed ready for planting. It is too hot to plant tomatoes now; we need the cooler weather of late October/early November but I want to be ready.

The coleus were looking great a couple of weeks ago before all the hurricanes passed by the neighborhood. I want to add new coleus' and I am thinking of adding some high grasses in the background.

This corner needs some work, I am not sure yet what I want to do here.

The birdbath in the center of the grass does not look good. I am adding a small flowerbed to make it look more interesting and I promise I will clean it up.

This water feature broke last week for the second time and I need to fix it.

6 comments:

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

I would love to take a gardening vacation. What a great idea.

marmee said...

it does sound like you have your work cut out for you but what a better way to spend your days than in the sun with your hands in the dirt.

Brenda Maas said...

Sounds like a fun albeit hard working vacation, enjoy.

Wicked Gardener said...

I don't know about down south, but the weather here this week hit the 50's!!!!! Sounds like a good time to take a gardening vacation. I wish I could take one - a beautiful day off and I'm spending it doing errands!

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I hope you enjoyed working on your garden projects. You are not the only one who takes a holiday to work in the garden. It's actually a great way to spend your holiday, don't you think?

Looking forward to see some of your projects once they are finished.

Randy said...

There just never seems to be enough time to get everything done in a garden. :-)I find myself working on my vacation too. -Randy