Thursday, July 09, 2009

Dog days of summer

Pictures from the garden after it rained.

The dog days of summer are here, hot, muggy and humid. This week we had the hottest days of this summer so far. Early in the morning the temperatures are hovering around the mid eighties and by afternoon we are passing the mid nineties. Gardening is impossible at any time of the day, so until we get cooler weather sometime in October, I will be content to pull a few weeds and water my container plants (maybe not)

Good news from the weather service today, “EL NINO” is back in the Pacific Ocean, which means fewer chances of hurricanes forming in the Caribbean.

This weekend I going to the Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Garden, hopefully I’ll come back with a mango tree for my garden. I’ll take lots of pictures.

8 comments:

Alexandria Sewell said...

Everything looks terrific --- you definitely have an eye for setting up a garden. Very well-taken photos, too!

Jake said...

Your yard seems to be taking the heat and humidity well. I was new to Florida last year and glad to here about El Nino. Tropical Storm Fay was enough for me; I would hate to be here for a real storm. Youa re obviously in a more exposed area then I am though.

Nice Blog,
Jake

Darla said...

Your yard is so pretty. Do take lots of inspirational photos for us to drool over. Have fun and be safe.

Prospero said...

Hi Rusty. It's really hot and humid here too. I go out at around 8pm every evening and try to do 45 minutes worth of stuff outside. Your gardens still look great, though.

Good news about EL NINO. Everyone could use a hurricane break.

I've often been to the Fairchild gardens site. I would love to go there in person (take lots of pictures).

Dirt Princess said...

Thank God for El Nino!

Cheryl said...

Hi Rusty....love the arch and the stepping stone steps to guide you into the garden....everything does look lush and green.....a credit to you.....

Meems said...

Hi Rusty,
Yes, it is hot and humid and I believe it is here to stay. Your garden is looking better than ever! Have a great weekend.
Meems

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

We had hot and humid weather like that recently and that's no fun at all. Hope it cools down soon.

And, did you get your mango tree?