Saturday, November 15, 2014

The Hummingbirds are back

The hummingbirds are back for the winter, this year we have more hummers than any other winter.   The combination of the powderpuff tree and the firebush has created a smorgasbord for hummingbirds.  Taking pictures of these little guys is not easy, but they are fascinating birds to watch.





THIS AND THAT

Hummingbirds are not the only ones that like the firebush tree.


















More pictures from my yellow Cassia tree.


















This weekend I cleaned this corner of the garden and cut all the old Heliconias.  This is my favorite corner; I get a full view of the garden.


1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great shots of the hummers and butterflies. I love your cassia tree.

I'm watching for hummers to visit my firebush and firespike bushes.

Happy holidays and happy gardening ~ FlowerLady