Thursday, November 23, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

My garden has been on hold for the last two months, I don't have much time for gardening these days.  Between work and family issues the garden has low priority on my schedule.   I hope to get back out there now that the weather is cooler and the humidity has gone away.  This year I am not doing a winter vegetable garden, last year's results were disappointing, the harvest was not worth the time and resources I put into.  Some day in the future, when I retire from my day job, I will pick it up again.    

The winter birds are back again, I am enjoying watching the activity in my bird-feeders.  This year I am lucky to have two male Painted Bunting visiting the bird-feeder.   The hummingbirds are also back.  The hurricane damaged the firebush tree, the main source of food for the hummingbirds, but it has bounced back and it is full of flowers



This week at the DragonFly Garden

The garden in front of the house looks very different from last year. The yellow tap tree and the date palm are gone, I decided not to replace the lost trees.  For now I  am using bromeliads to fill in the empty spaces. 
 I need to put new grass where the yellow tap tree was, but for now the weeds will do
 Before

 After the county picked up the debris 














Wishing you a Thanksgiving full with peace, love, family and friends .

1 comment:

Misti said...

I understand that it gets complicated to garden sometimes! Hope you are back in the swing of things soon!