Saturday, September 15, 2018

My first attempt at creating a Bonsai

I told my family that when I retire, I was going to pick up several hobbies and one of them was going to be the art of Bonsai.  One of my retirement gifts was a set of bonsai tools.  I got a couple of books from Amazon and today I purchased this Juniper groundcover at Home Depot for my first Bonsai.



This week I finished working on the back of the garden, I added mulch and trimed some of the big plants.




I am finding several Monarch pupas around the garden, we had a lot of caterpillars this year.  All the Milkweed plants are gone.  


Heliconias do well in my garden, I purchased this one this week and planted it in a container. 

Flowers showing off this week.  Orchids on the mango tree, Blue Porter flowers (loved by bees) and the always reliable summer annual Purslane.



1 comment:

StevenHWicker said...

I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.  Bonsai Set Tools