Saturday, August 22, 2020

Waiting for the next storm

August and September are the peak of the hurricane season in South Florida, we spend more time keeping an eye on the tropics and storm preparation than anything else.  As I write this post there is tropical storm Laura moving in our direction, the projections are that she will pass south of us, but with these storms you never know.

Starting new garden projects during this time of the year is not advisable.  The last couple of weeks my gardening has been limited to cleaning and upgrading some corners of the garden.


This week I hired someone to cut my giant bird of paradise, it was getting too big and damaging the fence, now I have more sun light in this area. I might grow some winter veggies in containers this coming season.

Before


My organized work bench

I got a new umbrella this week from Amazon

I also cleaned my favorite corner of the garden.  The perfect place to sit and drink a cup coffee in the morning and have a glass of wine in the afternoon.  From here I have a perfect view on the entire back garden.






 

No comments: