Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wrong plant for the wrong place.

This week I came back from my vacation and I fond my garden in total chaos.
It looks like I was gone for more than a year. The plants have grown like they were on steroids, the weeds are out of control and the snails are back.
I purchased this vine a year ago at a BJ super club while buying groceries; the flowers were so beautiful that I could not resist.
Here it is today, after three weeks alone in the garden. It definitely has to go.








I came back from my European vacation nursing a bad cold, my energy levels are not up to working outside in the 90 degree humidity accompany by thousands of mosquitoes. Sooner or later I’ll have to gather my energy and go out side and reclaim my garden, I can’t stand looking at it this way.

9 comments:

My Little Family: said...

welcome back - it's a beautiful flower

Wicked Gardener said...

Welcome back! I think I'd let my garden go a bit for a European vacation. Any good pics?

Cheryl said...

Welcome home...hope you are feeling better soon Rusty...
Gosh that vine really has taken over....where did your garden go???

Brenda Maas said...

Glad you are back, missed your postings. Hope you had a great vacation and hope you get rid of your cold quickly.
Lovely flower but what a space hog that plant is, looks like it has taken over completely. Good luck fighting it.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Pretty flower on that vine, but you are right, it needs to be trimmed back. It is amazing what can happen to a garden with high temperatures, a little water and an absent gardener.

Jan
Always Growing

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful vine with a beautiful flower. The vine is a lot like a Wood Rose I saw recently but the flower is different.

Jeanette said...

Welcome back Rusty. OHHH I love that flowering Vine. Hope your feeling well soon..

Meems said...

Rusty: Do you know what that is? It looks much like a morning glory of some sort. The leaves look to be in the clerodendrum family but I can't ID.

It is amazing what growth the summer brings! Glad you're back and can't wait to see photos of your marvelous trip.

Figaro said...

Looks like some kind of Morning Glory. IF I was you I would put it on a chain link fence if you want a little privacy. It will get you a lot of volunteers. In fact, if it is a Morning Glory, it will put out a lot of seed to share or sale in eBay. There is a project for some growing kids. It is a good looking flower.