Friday, April 17, 2009

Meet some of the new residents of the DragonFly garden




The Black Swallowtail caterpillars are back and this time they are feasting on my milkweed plant. I hope there are enough plants to maintain them all.
This red-bellied woodpecker has a nest somewhere in the garden and she is not happy that I am taking her picture. As you can see, she is making quite a ruckus.

Mr. Spider has constructed his house in this corner of the garden. Personally, I think spider webs are living art.

And finally, this Dragonfly has come "home" to roost at the Dragonfly Garden. Here she is, checking out the scenery from the top of one of my hollyhock plants. Perfect!!!

7 comments:

MNGarden said...

Rusty,
Your garden is buzzing with activity for sure.
Donna

Unknown said...

Love to see all the happy new inhabitants, Rusty. I'm still way, way behind you, but at least finding signs of green in MY garden too.

Prospero said...

Your red-bellied woodpecker might be a little peeved at you, but sure is a beauty. I see you have some Tillandsia usneoides or Old Man's Beard pictured in your header. Does it grow well for you? I have trouble with it. I think I'm too exposed on the coast.

Brenda Pruitt said...

What wonderful images you've shared! I too love spiderwebs. I showed one yesterday across a birdhouse and wonder if it is haunted. The worm sure is colorful.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I haven't had time to read blogs lately but this afternoon thanks to a rainy afternoon and benadryl induced inactivity I had a chance to catch up. Of all the things I have read this afternoon, your last several posts have by far been the most delightful. I am amazed at all of the activity in your garden.

Prospero said...

Hi Rusty. I couldn't see a Followers gadget on your blog, so I added you to my blog roll instead. That way I can see what you're up to in your lovely garden.

Jan said...

Rusty, I love seeing all of these critters! I hope you are having a wonderful April! Jan