Tuesday, August 11, 2009

There is more then beaches at Sanibel Island

My favorite activities during my vacation at Sanibel Island are biking the many trails and walking the natural preserve trails.
The Bailey track is a popular trail near the beach, teeming with many birds and an occasional alligator.

A beehive took over an owl’s nest.
New this year in the Periwinkle preserve, a trail dedicated the birds and butterflies. (I don't recommend it in the middle of the day, it was so hot)


Here we are biking on the rabbit road trail.

4 comments:

Darla said...

What fun!! Okay, like you need a sign that tells you NOT to approach an alligator!!

Green thumb said...

Life is Good! What you are enjoying is my idea of a perfect vacation too.
Enjoy your stay and stay away from alligators...

Sylvia said...

I've always wanted to visit Sanibel Island, the trails look very inviting. Would also love to go shelling! Enjoy your vacation.

Unknown said...

You're a better person than me to bike the Bailey Tract at this time of year....Kudos to you for the stamina.It is beautiful in January,tho.