Saturday, April 07, 2012

My tomatoes are under attack

Today I discovered that my tomatoes were under attack from hornworms. In the two days that I been away from the garden, these little buggers have destroyed most of my tomato plants. This morning I pulled nine fat green worms from all the plants, and I'm not sure if I got them all. When they are finish with the leaves, they go after the fruits. I had to pulled off several damaged fruits.

My Gerbera daisies are blooming again, I purchased these plants last summer and didn't expect them to survive the winter. The first gardenia of the season.



HAPPY EASTER to all the gardeners in Blog sphere

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those hornworms get on my nerves too!. Why did you think the Gerberas wouldn't come back..I'm in North Florida and have had them in the ground and containers for years. The do appreciate some afternoon shade though. My gardenias are turning yellow?????

free doctors excuse said...

Vigilant flower and interesting garden so that can be enjoy it in this place there are lovely flower and attractive also.