Saturday, January 05, 2013

Goodbye Christmas

Today was a good day to cocoon in the garden.  The weather was a perfect sunny day with temperatures in the mid-seventies.  A great day to be out on the town, but South Florida is hosting the college football national championship on Monday night, and Miami is full of visitors.  Fans of the University of Alabama and Notre Dame have taken over our city; great for the local economy, but not much fun for the locals.  I am big fan of college football, but I have no dog in this fight.  I will be watching the game on TV (tickets are going for $1000 in the upper deck) and rooting for the Irish.

Today I took down the Christmas decorations.  What a relief they are all pack in the garage, until next year.
 
This Papaya is ready to be pick tomorrow.
 
The Monarchs are coming back for the winter.  Today I counted three flying around in my back garden.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Your garden looks lovely in winter. I need to get busy and take my Christmas decorations down, too. More fun to put them up than to take them down. I am hoping Notre Dame beats Sabin's team. You know what I mean? You'd never know that I might harbor a teensy little grudge. :-)