Friday, November 27, 2015

My idea of a perfect Black Friday day.

Today my family headed out early for the craziness of shopping for deals on Black Friday. I on the other hand packed my camera, binoculars and bike and headed to Biscayne Bay for a day of communing with nature.  The bike trails near the bay are a perfect place for biking and birding.  This morning the weather was ideal, a sunny crispy day and I had the trails all to myself.  



















 Kayaking on the bay is popular sport in the area, I am thinking of getting one.

This Yellow-rumped Warbler is a winter visitor to the the area
















 The Anhinga, the Osprey and the Great Egret are year around residents.


















The birds were not the only thing that got my attention, the native plants are also beautiful.





2 comments:

Meta/roses. said...

Wonderful way of spending Black Friday. Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful photos of your day.

Unknown said...

Rusty,
I want to thank you for all the wonderful photos and videos of your beautiful garden. I'm only able to spend about 3 months of the year in my garden in north Miami and get very homesick this time of year in Cincinnati. I'm counting down the days until my return for Christmas. Your garden provides inspiration for things I could do in my garden- keep up the good work and happy gardening!
Gary