Saturday, September 23, 2017

Irma's recovery continues

I took a couple of days off from work this week to spend in the garden, I'm tryimg to make it presentable again.  Three days later, I am exhausted and in need of a brake.  The DragonFly is a small garden but when everything is upside down, it takes a while to get it back to normal.  
I lost so many bromeliads, most were crushed by down trees and branches.  I had so many that it hard to see the lost.   I need to buy a new table for the back, my old table was one of the few casualties from Irma.
 Today I tackled the garden by the side of the house.  It takes a hurricane to see how overgrown that corner of the garden was.



The Orange Geiger tree was knocked to the ground by the wind.  Today I straightened the tree as much as I could and cut the top branches that were bend.  I don't know if I want to keep this tree, the roots are not deep and it will probably come down again in high winds.
 The front of the house is a work in progress, the trunk from the date palm has to go, but I am not doing it.


















The pile in the front of the house continues to grow and the news from the county is not very promising.  The job is so big all over Florida, officials are telling homeowners to expect several months before it's picked up.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I think your 'after Irma' garden spaces are looking very nice.

Months for brush pick up? I guess that's understandable.

Enjoy your wind pruned gardens as they grow back and fill in.

FlowerLady

Misti said...

Wow, that's crazy about the trash pickup, but understandable I suppose!

Glad your garden is looking a little back to normal. Bummer about the broms!