Tuesday, November 20, 2018

I conquered the beast

After months of thinking about it, I finally took down the overgrown bromeliad in my front garden.  This bromeliad has spikes that can rip your skin wide open, I have scars to prove it.  I wanted to replace all the bromeliads in this corner of the garden, with succulents and a conifer tree.

I kept some of the pops from this bromeliad, but I will never put them in containers again.

I am not sure if I like the color, I painted the Tinajon (wide-mouthed jar), red was the only paint I had on hand.  My wife likes it, especially with Christmas coming.
















I also refreshed all parts of the front garden, ready for Chrismas decorations

















I found a place for my new Fireball tree.
















This Staghorn plant comes from my parents garden.

















This week I helped my daughter decorate her townhome with plants.  I am her official nursery, as you can see bromeliads are part of the deal.


























This Prairie Warbler has been visiting my Powerpuff tree. This bird moves fast, it was not easy to take these pictures. 


I would like to wish you all a happy and healthy THANKSGIVING 

1 comment:

Misti said...

It looks lovely! I like the red---took a second to get use to it but I think it goes well!