Saturday, November 10, 2018

Field trip - "Let's get ready to RAMBLE"

This weekend Fairchild Tropical Garden held the annual Fall Garden Festival, better known as the Ramble.  This annual plant sale is famous in South Florida, a must for any serious gardener.  I was there on Friday, the first day of the festival a perfect day to go, no crowds and plenty of plants to choose from.  The Festival is not only about plants, but there are also many vendors selling all kinds of gadgets, plenty of food and live music. 
 This festival is one of my favorite in my area, not only because is held in one of the most beautiful tropical gardens in the country, but the selection of plants for sale are different from anywhere else.  This festival attracts many small nurseries from South Florida, their selections are not usually available in the big box stores.







 Every year, I try not to go overboard buying too many plants, this year I was really good and only purchased one plant, this Fireball tree (Abutilon Striatum).  I have no idea where I am going to put it


FYI -  Several local micro-breweries had beer tasting stations, I think, I stayed there too long because when I got home I realized that I did not take too many pictures of the garden.  It was a very hot day.

1 comment:

Misti said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Fairchild and Selby (and Fruit and Spice Park) really ruined me on botanic gardens. I can't look at many without comparing. Love them so much!