Saturday, February 29, 2020

There is a snake in my garden

This week I was working in the front garden and I startled this little guy (or should I say it scared the heck out of me) This snake was around three feet long and from what I can see, it looks like it's a Black Racer.  A harmless snake that feeds on small animals. 

I updated my front garden, mostly taking out the old bromeliad plants and keeping the little pups.  The front of the house is the only sunny area in my garden, so is mostly planted with succulents, cactuses, and bromeliads.

The snake loves my Staghorn fern.

These bromeliads flowers are a little finicky, some years I don't get any flowers but this has been a good winter.

It is going to be a good summer for the Brasilian Red.


The Zebras are starting to come back for the summer season.

This little guy is a Gulf Fritillary caterpillar.

2 comments:

Andrea Charles said...

Oops!!! Scared at first glance. Your garden looks neat and organized, the color combination of the house looks great!!! 😊 The Bromeliads flowers look so elegant with red and purple shade. Such beautiful pictures. The cute zebra butterfly is just an amazing, beautiful creation of God. I hope to catch more pics. Take care 😊

VasanthMusicCoimbatore said...

What a neat little garden! Not a leaf out of sight! Even the snake complements your garden. Thank God it's a harmless one. There's a little cottage on the way to the music institute. It has a cute, well-maintained garden which I often stop to admire. Your garden is quite similar to that one.