Sunday, January 21, 2007

Finally the Canna Lily is in bloom



My only surviving Canna Lily flowered this week after I transplanted the rhizomes last summer, the plant is doing well in the new location it gets plenty of sun. Canna Lily are one of my favorite plants, it does well in Florida the key is full sun and plenty of water.

This weekend we finally had a Florida winter day, the weather was in the mid 70’s sunny and no humidity a nice weekend to go out and enjoy the town. I did some maintenance around the garden, pull some weeds, cut back some over grown bushes and deadheaded some of the flowers. I am planning a major project for the front of the house but that will have to wait to the end of February when I am planning to take a few days off from work.

What else is in bloom in the garden today?
The Blue Poterflower, a favorite of bees and butterflies.


White Hollyhocks

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gday Rust
love your yellow Canna lily so vlvid'
and your white hollyhock.

LostRoses said...

The simplicity of your white hollyhock is just stunning, I love it!

Sigrun said...

Wonderful, your hollyhock let me dream of the last summer!

Sigrun