Sunday, October 04, 2009

Moving furniture around

This weekend the CEO of the DragonFly garden (my wife, I am only the gardener) decided to buy new furniture for our patio. It was a good decision, since our patio was furnished with an old wicker patio set that we purchased in a garage sale several years ago, we also had a large hammock that was too big for the patio.

In keeping with our recycling life style, nothing is wasted in our garden.

The hammock is in the garage and will be sold in our next garage sale. The old wicker set is now in my meditation corner.

I painted the old bench that occupied the meditation corner and it's now the home of our guardian dog Rufus.

Rufus old bench and is now the centerpiece of my new container garden.

I will be traveling on business all next week; I hope the CEO remembers to water my plants.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your new furniture - I must say the CEO has good taste:). Nice tropical feel... looks real comfy and really suits yr space. I also love yr various sitting spaces around the garden - wish I have that much space!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are the best kind of high calorie eye candy. I love your meditation corner, how it's decorated and that lovely banana for shade. ... Rufus looks happy.

Darla said...

Everything looks wonderful. The CEO has wonderful taste...Your patio is charming, your meditation corner looks peaceful, Rufus has a great bench and the container garden is arranged nicely too!! I do hope the CEO has time to water your plants for you.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Rusty you have such a pretty garden .. just perfect ! You and the CEO have wonderful taste !
Joy : )

Unknown said...

Gotta agree with the others:the CEO has great taste.Fingers crossed that the garden gets watered.Maybe the CEO can assign an underling to be in charge?

Susan said...

Yes, your CEO does have good taste. I love wicker furniture, and I love the fact that you keep the old and use it elsewhere in the garden. I have an iron set of furniture that I bought for $10 a piece (7 pieces altogether) from a garage sale. Every year I spruce it up with a coat of black spray paint and enjoy it all over again as though it is new.

Congrats on your Blotanical blog award. I can say I'm not surprised that you received it. You do a great job gardening and blogging. Also, congrats that the Dolphins (Finally)won yesterday. Perhaps things are turning around. I sure hope so.

Jan said...

So glad I stopped by to see how one set of furniture gave you a chance to create a new area and rotate things a bit! I love wicker, and yours is a pretty set! Your older stuff looks very nice in the meditation corner!

cheap moving supplies said...

Great collection of furniture, i like the post very, thanks for this post.