Saturday, July 09, 2011

Mangos of Hawaii

This weekend was the 19 annual International Mango Festival at Fairchild Gardens. This festival has become the main summer event for the garden, and one that all of us mango aficionados can’t wait for every summer. This year, they featured the mangos of Hawaii.
I came early, with the idea of buying a mango tree for my garden. I love all mangos, but my wife is a little particular with the mangos she buys, the most important thing for her is for the fruit not to have any fibers. After speaking to several experts we made our decision.
We decided on “Rosigold” a local selection of Southeast Asian heritage, this mango ripen early mid to late March. The flavor is rich, sweet and there are no fibers in the flesh. The tree is small and manageable perfect for my garden.


This is where my future mango tree will be planted


No comments: