Sunday, February 08, 2015

Chihuly art at Fairchild Tropical Garden

Today I’m taking you on a field trip to my favorite garden in Miami, Fairchild Tropical Garden.  This winter the garden is exhibiting the work of Dale Chihuly, the famous glass artist from Seattle.  










Walking through the rain forest section of the garden was magical.  The glass art blended so well into the tropical plants.
























If you are in the area, I strongly recommend that you visit Fairchild garden, you won’t be disappointed. 

5 comments:

David The Good said...

Looks like quite a wonderland right now.

I took my girlfriend on a date there over a decade ago and brought my easel so I could paint a view across the water. It turned out quite well... and now my girlfriend is my wife.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a wonderful show! I've seen his pieces inside the Norton Art Gallery, but would really love to see his beautiful works out in a garden setting like that. Thank you for sharing.

FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful in your photos . . . I can only imagine how stunning it was in person.

Susan said...

It must be fascinating to see. Great photos!

Stellamarina said...

Beautiful art in a tropical setting. A few years ago I got to see his glass art on display in the Botanical Garden in Phoenix, Arizona which was a totally different garden look from tropical but just as breath taking. I always enjoy looking at your photos of garden visits elsewhere in Florida. Aloha