Saturday, February 28, 2015

Visit from a Painted Bunting

This morning I had a visit from a Painted Bunting, unfortunate I didn't have my camera with me, (you’ll have to take my word for it).  These beautiful birds are rare in this part of Florida; they only get this far south in the winter.  They are very shy birds and difficult to photograph.

This week flowers from the DragonFly garden. 


Milkweed
 Yellow orchids
 Mini bougainvillea flowers
 Red begonias
 White begonias
 Flowering cactus
















The latest DragonFly decoration

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It's always a treat to see what you have going on in your gardens. Lovely blooms.

FlowerLady

Susan said...

How wonderful to have a Painted Bunting drop by for a visit. I've always wanted to discover one of them in my garden but I think I'm probably too far north. Your flowers are lovely!

Vicky said...

I love your pictures, your garden is inspiring. I cleared out my whole backyard and I am begging to garden. Our Miami weather has been great this weeks.