Saturday, October 15, 2016

Ten years of blogging

This past week was my blog’s tens anniversary.  Is hard to believe that I been writing this garden blog for the last ten years.  In the early days of my gardening hobby I was reading other gardener’s blog to get pointers and ideas, after a while I decided to start my own blog and share my own experience with my fellow internet gardener.  It has been a tremendous ride in the past ten years we have seen so many changes in this media.  Today the Dragonfly Garden Blog is available on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, social media has taken off and has made our little corner of heaven available to a worldwide audience.
 Ten years is a long time and I have evolved as a gardener.  Today my garden is not as neat as it used to be, there are more tropical fruit trees, more mixing and matching of different kinds of plants, pollinator plants everywhere and many small ecosystems within the garden.  The future is hard to predict, it will probably bring less lawn grass and more wild places and wild life.




I thank you for following me on my little adventure, here is to the next ten years.

6 comments:

BernieH said...

Happy blogversary! I'm one of your long-time followers, but only an occassional commenter. I've enjoyed all your posts and always look forward to your next one. You have a lovely garden and it's been brilliant following all the ups and downs, changes and challenges.

Susan said...

Hi Rusty, I have enjoyed following your blog and didn't know you are on Facebook. I'll have to look for it. When I started blogging, I never thought I would have so much to say about gardening. But the garden is always changing and there always seems to be something to post about. I do find it interesting that many gardeners are reducing lawns and adapting their gardens to attract wildlife. I think that's great and I hope it's a long lasting movement. Here's to another 10'years of blogging.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congrats on your 10th year of blogging. I love reading about and seeing other Florida gardens.

FlowerLady

Misti said...

Ooh I'm glad to see you are on Instagram, I just followed you. I always like finding the bloggers who were into writing before social media took off. I've been blogging since 2002---a lot has changed since then!

Gone Tropical said...

Congratulations, and keep on blogging, I enjoy your posts and as gardener, I never stop learning from you and others.

David The Good said...

Congratulations! I just hit my 4th year of posting every weekday back in August, then decided last week to only post weekly. It's a lot of work to keep up, especially when you'd rather be gardening than writing. Your place always looks good - keep up the good work.