Sunday, October 23, 2016

The snowbirds are back

I noticed that my birdfeeder is getting busy with new winter arrivals.  This is the time of the year when many migratory birds stop by our gardens, on the way south.  Others stay around for the winter season.  So far I have seen a Blue Gray Gnatcatcher, a hummingbird, a female Painted Bunting and a beautiful male Cardinal (Cardinals are not migratory birds but for some reason they don’t stay around here during the summer)
 This Blue Jay is a year-round resident and the king of the birdfeeder.  These days he is not too happy that the dinning room is getting crowded.

This week at the DragonFly garden:

I started one of my big winter projects, moving the kitchen/vegetable garden to a sunny area in the back of the house.  First I had to find a new location for my collection of cactus and succulents. 
( Is time to pressure clean the pavers)

The work continues next week.
 This is the time for my bougainvilleas in containers to put on their winter colors.



No comments: