Saturday, October 13, 2018

The Fall migration begins

This is the time of the year when we start to see birds passing by on the way to their winter homes, many are on the way to the Caribbean, Central, and South America.  Others are staying locally for the winter months.  The picture below is a Tennessee warbler,  these little birds sometimes are a little difficult to identify, especially during the fall when their colors are not fully developed. 

This is a Black-throated Blue Warbler,  I have never seen one in my garden before. This male was here for a couple of days and I guess he is on his way to the Caribbean.  This little guy spends the summer months in the New England states and southern Canada.  This picture was taken from inside my house, the quality is not very good  .


This week at the DragonFly Garden
Coleuses are famous for their leaves but I think that their flowers are stunning. 

The star fruit tree bloomed this month and is full of star fruits.

The cat has a name, Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.  She has a sweet face like Jennifer Lawrance, but she is a ferocious hunter (to the detriment of my lizard army) and a survivor.  I am feeding her twice a day to see if she lays off of the lizard kills.

No comments: