Friday, May 24, 2019

The pleasure of micro-photography in the garden

This week I have been getting up early before sunrise and going to my garden with my micro lens waiting for the sun to come out.  Micro-photography takes alot of practice, but I think I got the hang of it.  This picture of the crown of thorns flower is my favorite

The Rangoon Creeper flowers are best to photograph in the early morning, the flowers are totally white in the early morning, later in the day they turn pink and red by the end of the day. 


Some succulent flowers are so small, that micro-photography is the only way to capture the essence of the flowers.

One of several types of Heliconias in my garden.

It is not easy to photograph the correct purple color on the Kings Mantle flowers.

Check out the size of the mosquito perch on this Thryallis flower.  The only problem with taking pictures early in the morning is that it is feeding time for these guys (and they are hungry)

The Blue Porterweed plants are all over my garden, I let them be because they are a favorite to all polinators.

This is a spike spider, they are hard workers, they will rebuild the web several times a day if they have to.

Is impossible to take a picture of a butterfly with a microlens.  This Zebra landed on this Firebush flower when I was taking a picture of the flower. (a case of being at the right place at the right time)

No comments: