Monday, April 30, 2007

A new neighbor in my Garden




This weekend I noticed a new neighbor in my garden, a Red-Bellied Woodpecker moved into a nest in the trunk of an old Palm tree.

The past week has been a busy time for me, very little time for gardening or bloging. Work is crazy, my daughter is graduating from college tomorrow and this time of the year I organized a neighborhood garage sale this coming Saturday.

The only gardening I did this weekend was planting several Cannas Lilies bulbs I purchased on the Internet from easytogrowbulbs.com.

7 comments:

Carol Michel said...

Do you sell plants at your garage sale? I love to go to a gardener's garage sale!

Gary said...

I always love seeing woodpeckers. There is something very majestic about them.

Misti said...

Love the woodpecker! We have one that comes to hangs out on our Schefelleria sometimes. Steals sunflower seeds sometimes too.

Brenda Maas said...

Love the pictures. We have some mexican woodpeckers here who come and actually manage to drink out of our hummingbird feeders. They have figured out that if they perch on it they over balance the feeder, so they perch on the tree branch and reach way over to get their long beaks into the feeder. It is funny to watch the upset hummingbirds zooming around the woodpeckers while they are drinking. A funny and amusing sight to watch.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Love that new neighbour of yours, wish I had one like that!

Jeanette said...

love the colour of the woodpecker and the colour of the canna is gorgeous

LostRoses said...

Rusty, your garden is not only beautiful but kind to woodpeckers too! How nice to have an old palm that is user-friendly habitat for the birds. Lucky you!