Sunday, February 12, 2012

Another day in garden paradise

Last night father winter visited South Florida and this morning the temperature were in the low 40's. By mid day we were in the mid sixties and the day was picture perfect. I spend a few hours finishing the project I started yesterday.In this corner of the garden I want to add three large containers like the one I have the Keyline tree and grow other tropical fruits. The only tree that escaped my cutters was the Angel's Trumpet, as you can see is ready to bloom, I'll wait after the flowers drop, to trim the tree.
Next week I'll add mulch, plant a few perennials for color and add a few other touches, and after that on to another corner of the garden. A gardener's job is never done (That's why I love this hobby)
Today I harvested these Lady Finger bananas from one of my trees. In a week or so they will be ready for eating. The Lady Finger bananas are 4 to 5in long, with thin, light-yellow skin and sweet flesh; they are the bananas of my childhood. I remember eating several in one seating, once you taste these bananas there is no going back to the grocery store kind. I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day.

2 comments:

Bar Stools said...

This is banana garden shared on the site so that can be know that and enjoy it in this garden.There are different types flower and enjoyable place shared on the site. Mostly are very like it and enjoy it in this place.

Angela said...

I love your garden. You have are so lucky to live in a warm climate. As a former Floridian, I can appreciate year round gardening now.