Saturday, January 09, 2016

My New Year’s resolution

This year my New Year’s resolution is a simple one; spend more time in the outdoors.  Today I got up early, took my camera and binoculars and headed to the Matheson Hammock nature trail next to Fairchild gardens.  This trail is less than a mile; it has a great tree cover and an excellent variety of tropical plants.  It is consider a great place for bird watching, unfortunate this morning they were nowhere to be seen.  In the coming weeks I will explore other nature trails in the metro area and will write about it in my blog.
























This week at the DragonFly Garden

The next tree to put on a show this winter is the Starburst Tree.


Other flowers in the garden.

















The resident hummingbird keeps visiting the firebush tree.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like a great idea. I look forward to the upcoming posts.