Monday, January 28, 2019

A Chihuly garden is not!!!

My dad was a collector of many things, but he loved to collect interesting glass bottles.  He passed away a year ago and I was giving the task of cleaning his two garden sheds, something I was putting off until last week.  There could be hundreds of glass bottles in the two sheds, cleaning these sheds is like peeling an onion (I am not even halfway done).  I don’t like the idea of throwing away something that my father collected and valued, but keeping his collection was out of the question.  Last week I started taking the bottles out, keeping some to give away to family and friends and recycling the rest.  Both my daughters took a few bottles to decorate their houses and I had an idea to place some of the bottles in my garden.  I like the way the glass brings color to the garden, especially when the sun hits the glass.  My father was the person responsible for my interest in gardening and now part of his collection will be a part of my garden, it will remind me of him every time I am outside.






3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love glass in gardens and you have a wonderful collection that was your Dad's.

Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

marlo said...

What a wonderful tribute to your father's memories. They look great in your garden

My Little Family: said...

So sweet.