Monday, January 21, 2019

Avocado tree on death row.

This avocado tree was a gift from a family member five years ago.   In five years, it has grown to what it is today, during that time it has produced no flowers and not one avocado.  As far as an avocado tree go, it seems content with its place in my garden towering over all the other trees taking space and not giving anything in return.   Last year after the avocado season ended, I put this tree on death row.  The only thing that would commute the sentence this year, is the production of at least one avocado.  This week I noticed that my neighbor’s avocado tree is already showing flowers and my tree has nothing.  

This week at the DragonFly garden

My garden working area needed some tidying up this week.
 Before

This small corner of the garden is my wild area, hiding behind all these plants is the hollow trunk of an old coconut tree.  My neighbor tells me that there an opossum living in the trunk. 

Hibiscus flower, photo taken with a regular lens,

Same flower, photo taken with my art lens.

1 comment:

Stellamarina said...

Maybe the tree was grown from seed rather than being a grafted tree....if so it will take several years before fruiting.