Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back to the boring routine


Yesterday was my first day back to work after a week vacation, where all I did was work in the garden from sun up to sun down. The week went fast, I did not might the hard work, the weather cooperated and it was great been out there in the garden me and my dog while everyone else in our home was at work or school.
I got a lot accomplished but not everything I wanted to do. It wouldn’t be a garden if there wasn’t something else to be done. The herb / vegetable plot needs to be prepare if I'm to get fresh tomatoes this winter, changes to the garden in the front of the house have been in the works for while but I am not quite sure what I want to do there. Several plants need to be planted and others taken out, in other words I could have used another couple of weeks to finish everything that is in the list.
Now I am back to my one and half hour bumper to bumper commute to and from work, with the short days I get home after dark so the garden will have to wait for the weekend.
One thing about gardening non-stop for a week it mellows you out for the date-to-date work routine. The outdoors has a way of bring one's self down to earth and keeps you focus on what is important in life.
What is in bloom in the Garden
The Angel Trumpets have been in full bloom for a couple of days announcing a rainy day is coming and sure enough today rained all day.

Yellow miniature orchid

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those Angel Trumpets are eye-popping.
I planted one (sort of like this) and sure enough, it put out her flowers just before it started raining.

Tea said...

Those Angel Trumpets are so beautiful! Wish mine were pink instead of dark orange. I don`t think I ever realized they came in different colours.
I really like that fall project too.

tea
xo