Monday, March 17, 2008

Day one of a gardening marathon

This week I am on vacation and my time will be dedicated to gardening the entire week, or until my knees and back hold out. I have big projects in mind and little time to do it.

The way it looked two weeks ago


Today I finished cleaning up and adding some compost.
I planted my prize White Bat Plant.

I also transplanted all the different begonias I have in the garden to this bed to accompany my White Begonia in the background. I am hoping that the begonias will do well in this area with partial shade, and hopefully will survive our summer heat.

The finish project.

3 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Wow what a difference and what a lot of work; but it sure looks good.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

You've worked very hard Rusty and it looks great now but be sure to give your back and knees a rest every now and again!;-)

Have a lovely holiday!

Anonymous said...

I love batplants. I always wanted one, generally I forget about it again, this time this will be my next plant purchase. Thank you for reminding me!