Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I joint the Composting bandwagon






Since I started reading gardening blogs all I hear is about the wonders of composting in the last couple of weeks and I been debating weather I should do it. The idea of taking all my garden and kitchen scraps putting it in a container and wait six months for the end product did not appeal to me and besides I don’t have much space in my garden. After reading about a fellow gardener composting on her city apartment balcony, I figured if she can do it I should try it. So here it goes, I hope the 6 months wait is worth it.
I planted a banana tree in my back yard this weekend, these are the small sweet bananas not like the one’s you find in the grocery store.

2 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

That is so cute. Do you know how long it will take to produce?

La Gringa said...

Hi Rusty! I didn't want to comment on every single post but wanted to say that your garden looks great. I'm sure your wife can't complain about the gardening budget when she has such a beautiful garden.

I think you'll like the compost and it may not take 6 months. Stir it up every now and then and be sure to keep it moist but not too wet. I totally believe in composting and it makes me feel good to do something beneficial with all the yard trimmings.