Sunday, May 06, 2007

Rescued from the Garbage





Friday as I was leaving work, I noticed that someone had thrown away this Yucca plant, as you can it was totally neglected by its pervious owner, at one time is was a beautiful plant but it had the bad luck of ending up at a home where it was completely ignored.





I took it home cleaned it up a bit and repotted now is in my recovery area waiting to recover and when it will have another home.
I have a weakness about seen a plant that is not completely dead thrown away.







Is dinner time at the firefly garden.


4 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Love your "dinner time" photo, it is beautiful.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Good job, another plant saved!

Love that dinner time pic, very pretty!

Tea said...

I bet with a little lovin care that plant will thrive. Love the dinnertime photo!

tea
xo

Olga said...

Just found your blog recently... Great job on your yard... One thing though, I believe that the plant you found is not actually a Yucca, but a Dracaena. My mother calls it the "money plant" because it is supoosed to bring good financial fortune to those who grow it and take care of it... One warning... If planted on the ground it will grow very tall and bushy, so it's a good idea to plan accordingly. Otherwise it is a great addition to the garden, and once it is established it will produce small but very fragrant bloms for you a couple of times a year. Good luck and keep up the good work!