Saturday, August 18, 2007


Hi, Blogger friends! The family and I had a very nice vacation at Sanibel Island Florida. The weather was great and the island was fantastic.
Here are some pictures.

The wild life is all over the island.


Shelling is a popular past time in Sanibel (It's addictive; the wife and I picked our share)


Biking in the island is a great past time. The island has bike trails all over (who needs a car?)

Gardening in the island is a challenge; the best way to go is with native, drought resistant plants.

I came back to the real world this week and I wish I hadn’t. My house renovation project did not progress as fast as I had planned. My boss decided to come to Miami for his annual inspection visit, and my garden looks abandoned with overgrown plants, weeds, and many casualties from the heat and lack of rain. I shouldn’t complain, though-- I had a great vacation!

7 comments:

Brenda Maas said...

Glad you had a great holiday. Too bad reality has to intrude. Great pictures.

Naturegirl said...

How this brings back memories of my visit there over this past winter! Ah yes the shells are gorgeous!I brought some home and they are in containers throughout the house!!
~Thank you~ for your generous comment on my latest post! hugs NG

LostRoses said...

Rusty, welcome back! Sounds like you had a great time and I love the pictures of you and your wife shelling. Nice tans! And nice sand dollar your wife found.

I really enjoyed your bird pictures. Did you see any Roseate Spoonbills?

LostRoses said...

Oops, that link didn't work. It's on the Ding Darling Nature Preserve site!

Catherine said...

Enjoyed your blog..Beautiful vacation photo's!!! You have me wanting to go to the beach~we go in Sept. every year to Hatteras Island in N.C. Can't wait!!
My husband is a really big sheller he is a shell aholic..he has always wanted to go to Sanibel~because they say it is the place for sea shells!!

Jeanette said...

Hi Rusty, great photo's looks a lovely peacefull place to holiday...

Meems said...

welcome back. sanibel is unique in so many ways... one of my favorite places in fl.

enjoyed all the photos- especially the birds.