Monday, November 26, 2007

What is growing in the garden this December?


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Here in the DragonFly we took it easy over the holiday, I spent the time with family, decorating, eating, and relaxing.
The Tricolor Ti is flowering this month, many gardeners believe the flowers are insignificant but I differ.

My Papaya tree is full of Papayas; I can’t wait for the fruits to ripen
.

This lone rose opened this week, I have two rose bushes but for some unexplained reason I don’t get many flowers, maybe is the soil, may be is the location, or maybe is the gardener.

The Orchid Cactus (Epihyllum) has a couple of fruits; I am told they are eatable.

1 comment:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Wow, growing your own papayas, how cool is that?!

Are you feeding your roses, Rusty? They may look very dainty but roses have a very hearty appetite. I feed mine twice a year.