Saturday, February 13, 2010

I am taking a Winter Olympic garden break.

For the next two weeks I will be glued to my TV taking in as much of the Winter Olympics as I can, the DragonFly will have to wait.
I am a huge winter sports fan, I don’t know where it comes from, I was born in Cuba and now I live in South Florida, in my younger days when my knees were in better shape, I was a decent skier; these days all I can handle is recreational cross-country skiing when ever I find myself in winter country.
I have to say that the opening ceremonies last night were the best I have ever seen, Vancouver and Canada put on a great show. I know that there is controversy about the cost of putting on the games, but I am glad that there are cities willing to take on the challenge.
I spend a few days in Vancouver five years ago, and the city won me over. What a beautiful place, of all the cities I have visited in my lifetime, it is easy on the top of my list.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, will be glued to my screen. I agree, the opening was spectacular! I follow the gardening blogs, not as a blogger, but just to be more informed and I was so glad to see your post about the Olympics. I felt guilty not working in my yard today, but it's too darn cold here on the East coast of Florida for comfortable gardening lately.

Tamara Jansen said...

Thanks for your kind words about Vancouver! It was a great opening ceremony, wasn't it? I don't think we'll be seeing any of the games up live and personal even though we live close but I'll be glued to the TV.....we've got too much work to do in the greenhouse for spring :)

ChrisC said...

Yep-we'll be glued to the TV,too.Am going to try to fit gardening in around the events.

Jan said...

Yep, me too;-) Not a break...just watching the olympics. It's exciting;-) ...except for the horrible tragedy on the luge.

Susan said...

I'll miss your updates, but will check back after the Olympics..enjoy!

Kimberly said...

Can't blame you...I love the Olympics too. They're on 24/7 at my house. When they're over, we wonder what we ever did without them! Enjoy!