Thursday, March 25, 2010

Allergies and gardening don’t mix

Is that time of the year again; allergy time. For the last few days I had been having severe allergy attacks. Working in the garden is out of the question, I barely can go outside to water my plants, as soon as I spend a few minutes outdoors my eyes get all red and itchy, and I get a sneezing attack.
I am hoping to do some work outside this weekend. I have to prepare the garden for our annual family Easter party. I am hoping that an over the counter medicine can help. Do you have any suggestions?

7 comments:

Uniquely Ella said...

Hi Rusty I'm so sorry about your allergies. Yes this time of year, is bad. My husband has the same problem, he take Benadril and it works for him. Hope you feel better. Have a great Easter with your girls and you lovely wife.
Marlene

Cheryl said...

HI Rusty......as an alternative have you tried taking local honey each day. It must be sourced around five miles from your home.
Whilst it does not cure, my daughter has found, that it does make a huge difference. I hope you have a bee keeper not too far away!!! There is also a barrier gel that you can put around the nose to stop the pollen entering.

Hope you find these helpful.

Carol said...

That must be so hard! I have friends who suffer this way too but here we do not have buds in bloom yet. I hope you find some relief!

Darla said...

The freakin' pollen has been everywhere....get a nettie pot for your sinuses..

Chrisc said...

I have allergies to cyprus trees and oaks.And both are blooming!I use ZyrtecD and a neti pot.Both work wonders!

Susan said...

It hardly seems fair that allergies should force us inside during one of the nicest times of the year. I always get the Advil that's behind the counter at the pharmacy.You have to ask for it. It's the only thing that keeps my head on straight for two months in spring. The neti pot works, too. Good luck, and I hope you get to spend some time in your garden this weekend.

Belle said...

Pollen is everywhere...It's that time of the year. But I still troop over to my herb garden ever afternoon despite the occassional bouts of sneezing and watery eyes