Saturday, October 29, 2011

Rookie mistake

After many delays, I finally finished one of the vegetable beds. The tomatoes are in, I planted three types red, yellow cherry and big boys. In the square blocks I planted herbs and marigolds.
This year I made a rookie mistake, too much compost, making the Ph level totally off. Today I mixed in more regular soil, hopefully it will do the job


Check out my new rain barrel, 50 gallons of water plus an additional 30 gallon tank. With all the rain this week both are full


3 comments:

David said...

Looks good, Rusty.
I hope those tomatoes grow nice and healthy for you.
There's nothing better than the taste of home grown vegetables.
David/ :-)

Darla said...

I never took into consideraton mulch changing the ph balance...duh. Nice rain barrel set up.

Suwannee Refugee said...

I'm thinking about getting a rain barrel. Not quite sure which kind to get.