Sunday, August 19, 2012

The most beautiful place on earth

This week my family and I came back from our annual vacation to Sanibel Island, Florida.  Sanibel Island holds a special place in my heart, for the last 30 years my wife and I have taken our daughters there for our annual beach vacation.  This year was a little different, my oldest daughter and her new husband could only come for the weekend.  It was his first time on Sanibel; I hope the tradition continues and expand to our new member of the family.
Most of my time was spend enjoying the beach, reading and taking pictures of birds and nature.  There is no better way to disconnect from the real world and relax.  This year the WIFI was not working in the condo, we suffered some connectivity withdrawals the first couple of days but adjusted after.
These are my favorite pictures from Sanibel.
 Walking the Island trails
 Osprey birds having lunch
 Lots of biking around the Island
 I love to take pictures of Pelicans
 Sand sculptures (I didn't make this whale)
 Didn't catch anything
No words necessary

The garden did not suffer much during my absent, it rained in Miami almost every day. Two weeks away and the garden looks like the gardeners has been away a lot longer

5 comments:

David said...

Oh yes! I've been to Sanibel Island with my family only once and it was beautiful. I remember seeing coconut trees for the first time and thinking...this REALLY is a tropical place. We also loved the lighthouse and the poinciana trees in full bloom. And of course the sand is snow white. And the beautiful seashells...now I want to go back!
David/:0)

Roslyn said...

You look so relaxed. One word sprung to mind. Serenity.

Floridagirl said...

Wow, gorgeous place! Looks like y'all had a great, relaxing time. I'm gonna have to get over there someday. My neighbors go every year for their vacation as well, but I have never been in my whole life, and I grew up in Florida!

Susan said...

Sanibel is a beautiful and relaxing place. I need to get back there soon.

LostRoses said...

Ah, Sanibel! I was there only once over 50 years ago but still remember finding wonderful seashells with my siblings. Sounds like you had a relaxing and wonderful time.