Saturday, September 08, 2012

Back in the Garden

Back to the garden after a break of a few weeks, today I put in a few hours in the morning.  The garden came through fine during my absent, all I needed to do was some clean up and weeding (not done yet)

This this in my favorite corner of the garden.  All the flowers that you see in the picture are self seeding, except for the Mexican Heather.

 
Getting the vegetable beds ready for the season. At this point I'm not to sure what I will be planting in the fall, but I need to make some changes, last year I had some success and many failures.  The tomatoes were a total failure and this year I have to re-think how to grow them, maybe in containers.
 
I found this bromeliad in the back of the garden and now is on display in my patio in a new container (that's the flexibility of Broms). 

4 comments:

BernieH said...

How wonderful to come back from a break and find your garden looking so good.

Floridagirl said...

Your garden is looking great! Is that bromeliad a 'Del Mar'? It is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your gardens are always so tidy. What a pretty bromeliad. I read a couple of older posts, love the history of the houses and all the hype with not much storm is good, BUT that is exactly why so many of us don't take the storm warnings seriously.

Cassundry said...

I would like to know what plant that is in the second picture with the small blue flowers.

Your garden looks beautiful thank you for sharing.