Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall festival time

In South Florida we know is fall festival time when our summer 90’s temperatures turn into lovely 80’s fall weather.  Today I attended one of my favorite festivals, the Edible Garden Festival at Fairchild Tropical Garden.   This festival is a combination of a Halloween celebration and preparation for the upcoming vegetable gardening season.

Lecture on how to grow vegetable during our winter. 
 
The scarecrow contest is fun for kids and adults.  All materials must be recyclable items.  These were my favorite entries.
   


2 comments:

David The Good said...

Fairchild Gardens is amazing... I need to visit there again and take my kids. The festival looks like fun - wish I could've gone. (Of course, I'm always WAY TOO TEMPTED to pinch cuttings off all the plants, so perhaps it's better I avoid the temptation...)

Unknown said...

Growing vegetables is a tricky task, one really need guidance to grow them in the garden, but your garden seem to be flooded with vegetables,really amazing work.
insemination