Saturday, November 10, 2012

The winter vegetable garden is ready

For the last couple of weeks I been working on my winter vegetable garden.  This year I’m sawing seeds and I purchased seedlings from my favorite organic herb farm in Homestead.
 
In this bed I planted white onions, (from home depot) purple kohlrabi and mix greens. 
 
In the middle bed I planted red bell peppers, Swiss chard and I’m sowing spinach (nothing yet).  By the wall I planted cucumbers.

These are broccoli seedlings; the plant in the center is purple basil.  The container in front has mix greens.
 
This year I’m planting all my tomatoes in containers and the cherry tomatoes in hanging baskets. Let see if I have better luck. 

The weather has changed the cooler nights are perfect for growing vegetables; the only negative is that the dry season is here.  It stopped raining two weeks ago and my rain barrels are almost empty.


4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

It all looks good and is inspiring.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

Your garden looks way better than mine.For some reason,my veggie garden is not doing too well this year.

africanaussie said...

It is interesting to watch your winter garden as we are opposite seasons, and heading into our wet season (summer) at the moment.

Susan said...

Looks like you've got your veggie gardening well under way. Hopefully you'll be enjoying some yummy veggies soon. Enjoy the wonderful weather!