Sunday, February 24, 2013

New look for the front garden



For the last month I have been slowly changing the look of my garden in the front yard.  This is theway the garden looked a month ago.  I reported in this blog that the two palms in my front garden were sick and I had no choice but to cut both, this gave me the opportunity to make some changes.
Over the years I overplanted too many bromeliads in the front garden, something my wife always pointed out.  This makeover was a good opportunity to rectified the mistake and have more of a mix of plants like I have all over my garden, including bromeliads.  I was planning on doing some work on the house and the driveway but those plans changed and it will have to wait.
 







7 comments:

africanaussie said...

Mm that all looks nice - did you cut that bouganvilla waaaay back? Will it grow again easily?

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You did a great job and it look nice and tropical.

Unknown said...

Looks great!

Unknown said...

What a difference a year makes. Your new garden is cheerful, welcoming and lush. Great re-designing.

Sensiblegardening said...

Nice job! I wish bromelaids were hardier so I could have them in my garden.

Unknown said...

Front garden seems to be very nice. The various flower and plants planted are very rare and good. The entire look is very nice. By reading the blog, many people would think to have a front garden like this. The blog presents a good information to all the people.

IT Firma

Jeremy Beauregard said...

You have a pretty nice landscape in your front garden! Did you design and make all these yourself? Anyway, I like this much better. The plants aren’t too overcrowded, unlike with your garden before. You were able to correct those mistakes. Keep it that way and keep planting! ->Jeremy Beauregard