Tuesday, April 21, 2015

The EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival

This past weekend my wife and I visited the Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT Center in Orlando.  Every year we tried to go for a couple of days to enjoy the flowers and get ideas for the garden.  This year I found the festival a little disappointing, not as many displays as in years past, the flowers looked a little tired and not too much originality in the presentations.  Disney should change the name of the festival to the Food, Flower and Garden Festival; they keep adding more food kiosks selling delicious foods from around the world at very expensive prices.  I understand that these kiosk are profit center that attract more participants to the festival, but the flowers are the reason must us come to visit.























One of my favorite displays is the Urban Farm area, with great ideas for those of us urban farmers what be.



















The popular butterfly house is a hit with everyone


















And to keep my wife happy, the evening ended with a free concert by John Secada

No comments: