Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fall is here and the leaves are changing in South Florida

Fall has arrived in South Florida and the leaves are changing (not really) only the Plumeria tree does the fall thing around here.  This is the time for all the Plumeria trees to start to drop their leaves and go bare for the winter, the only sign we have that the season is changing.


Soon all these leaves will be on the ground












Garden time has been hard to come by around here.  Between bad weather and a demanding nine to five job, my garden has seen very little of me.  I worked on my side patio, moving, changing and adding new containers.  I will soon start to work on my vegetable garden, I’m waiting for cooler weather sometime in October.  This year I am changing the entire concept and that will take time and lots of work (stay tune)
















Pictures from around the garden this week.

This bromaliad aTillandsia deppeana, was a nice surprise seven flowers in a small container

It would not be a tropical garden without hibiscus flowers, this one is my favorite

This side of the house gets shade all year around, perfect for this bananas and black elephant ear plants 

My newest addition, this coleus is call "Fishnet Stocking" 

The purple Allamanda vine is using the the starburst tree to grow high up, I like the look.

I am ending this post with a photo of a male Julia butterfly, sucking the nectar from a firebush flower.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the Julia butterfly photo! Hope you will soon be able to spend more time in your garden as the weather turns nice. Your garden looks beautiful as ever.