Saturday, December 17, 2016

Back to the garden after a long layover

I been away from the garden for too long, between a hectic schedule at my 9 to 5 job, the holidays, family demands and weather it has been almost a month since I had any work done in the garden.  Today the weather was perfect and the garden had my undivided attention.
There is always something that needs to be done, and my back garden was in a desperate need for an uplift.  No need to go to the local nursery, I had everything needed from the mulch and the gravel and a few plants that needed to be replanted.



This is my hide away, where I do some of the planting and where all the garden leftovers end up.  Today I cleaned it up and threw away things I will never use and added this low entry frame.  I did it this way so it can hold the branches from my Lychee tree. 


Today at the DragonFly Garden

The brunfelsia tree is in full bloom. Excellent timing, it is at peak for the holidays


 Other blooms from the garden today


 Mourning Doves are the most popular birds in my feeder, I love this picture
UPDATE - My vegetable garden was hit with a week long of rain and is not looking too good, I might have to replant some of the tomato plants.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Merry Christmas, Rusty! Your garden looks beautiful and you are so lucky to have had rain. We've had only a few drops since the hurricane back in October. Are your temperatures warmer than normal down your way? We've been in the 80's and quite humid.

Love your side pathway. Your yesterday, today and tomorrow bush blooms earlier than ours. It looks lovely, way bigger than mine. Enjoy your holiday!

Misti said...

Looks lovely! Your garden always makes me miss Miami.