Friday, December 28, 2018

The DragonFly garden 2018, the year in review

2018 was a year of changes for me and the garden, I retired from my 9 to 5 job and became a full-time gardener.  The garden's fruit trees were productive and my collection of plants continue to grow. 

January -  I started the year with a new water fountain for my side garden, a Christmas present.   

February - This beautiful Hibiscus plant became my ninths in my collection of hibiscus plants, all in pots.

March - This year my collection of bromeliads continues to grow.  This is my favorite bromeliad, it blooms every year in March 

April - The butterflies were back, this year we had a record number of Zebras in the garden.

May - Like every May we had a very wet month, it rained the entire month.  My succulent collection did not fair well.

June - This year we had a record number of Mangos, from our two trees.

July -  Caterpillars invaded the garden during the summer 

August - A first for the garden, a family of squirrels moved into the neighborhood.  I am not sure if I am happy with these new neighbors. 

September - I have always been fascinated by the art of Bonsai and this year I received bonsai tools as a gift.  I am reading books and planning to take a class.

October - The snowbirds arrived in the garden.  This year we have several Painted buntings making my garden their winter home.

November - The Carambola / Star Fruit tree had a record production of fruits for the first time.

December - I changed the look of my front garden, I added more succulents and took out some bromeliads.

Happy New Year

1 comment:

Misti said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to see your garden in 2019!