Saturday, April 06, 2019

Gardening in a construction site

We have decided to do some renovations to our home, and that will put some stress on the garden.  First, we are adding a new roof to the house.  There was nothing wrong with our old roof, except that it was over twenty years old and nowadays in Florida insurance companies are refusing to insure homes for hurricane coverage unless the roof is new.  As long as we were putting a new roof, we decided to paint the house and put new rain gutters.  I expect damage to my plants especially those near the house, but it can't be helped.    

The first casualty was my giant sticks on fire plant, it dropped to the ground and broke in several pieces.  From one plant I now have three.




Flowers in the garden this week
This is the second time the Angel's trumpet plant has flowers this year.


Springtime and the Plumeria tree is full of flowers


Not very smart of me to put new grass in my back garden in the middle of house renovations.  My three-year-old grandson wanted a place to play when visiting.

No comments: