Thursday, July 18, 2019

The end of mango season

This week I picked the last mangos from my two trees and started the yearly task of trimming the trees.  I am no expert at trimming trees, is hard to know if you are cutting too little or too much.  This year I watched a YouTube video from the Fruit and Spice park here in Miami, on the best way to trim a mango a tree.  I will know next year by the number of mangos I get if I did a good job.



This week at the DragonFly Garden 
This orchid has multiple blooms every year.

This year my collection of hibiscus are doing well, several of my plants have been attacked by bugs 


These ground orchids in the front garden have been around for about ten years.  I almost took them out last year for lack of flowers, this year the early rains in May brought them back. 


This baby Mockingbird is finally on his own.  For the last two weeks, the mother bird has been divebombing anyone that walked near to nest.

No comments: